Stable on the Strand is an interactive re-creation of the traditional Christmas story. It is a FREE event for the whole family – all are welcome.
For five days before Christmas (18th – 22nd December, 2013), Townsville’s major ocean-front area, Strand Park, will be transformed into the historic town of Bethlehem, complete with Roman soldiers, traditional craftspeople, livestock, shepherds and sheep, wise men & camels and of course Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus.
- There will be lots of kid’s activities to keep little ones busy – face painting, craft, games, Roman soldier dressups, hammering & sawing in the carpenter’s workshop, eating fresh bread from the bakery, having a go at wool weaving, making pottery.
Click on the photos below for a larger view:
- On the beach opposite Strand Park is “Youth on the Strand”, the place for teenagers to hang out with a skate board ramp, craft activities, youth amphitheatre for guest artists.
- Multiple stages across the park will feature wonderful Christmas entertainment provided by many & varied local & visiting artists using a variety of media – singing, acting, story telling, mime the amphitheatre will feature in 2012 a revamped production of the very successful play “Exhibit One’
- Enjoy the ambiance of Bethlehem 2000 years ago, and be sure to enjoy a complimentary slice of Christmas Cake and cuppa to sustain you through all of the fun.
- Amidst the backdrop of the serene Coral Sea and enveloped by the incoming sea-breezes, Townsville’s Stable on the Strand is a place to celebrate a joyous Christmas.