Stable on the Strand is owned and run by Stable on the Strand Inc., a non-profit organisation, whose members are drawn from across the various churches of Townsville.
Stable on the Strand History
2018 is our 17th year of operation at Strand Park. The event commenced in 1999 as a small production at a Mt Louisa church (Mt Louisa House of Praise) using the talents of a few local churches.
In 2002 the Townsville City Council approached the organisers and invited them to take their ‘Stable’ production to Strand Park, and ‘Stable on the Strand’ was born.
Crowds over the 5 nights have grown from 22,000 to current figures of regularly attracting around 40,000 visitors.
Stable on the Strand Awards
- 2014 – ‘Mayor of Town of Bethlehem’ Pastor Robyn Frewen-lord – Townsville Citizen of the Year
- 2013 – Creating Inclusive Communities Awards : Business/Community Sector
- 2011 – Community Event of the Year – Australia Day Award
- 2011 – Townsville Arts Award – Event / Festival of the Year
- 2009 – Rev Anne Harley, Qld finalist – Local Hero, National Australia Day Awards
- 2007 – Australia Day Certificate of Achievement
- 2006 – Event Organiser Pastor Anne Harley – Townsville Citizen of the Year
- 2002 – Community Event of the Year – Australia Day Award
Sister Helen Mary Peters
Adrian Buell, Fiona Cochrane, Robyn Frewen-Lord, Diana MacGregor, Fifi Pulea, Ian Ross, David Vella
BUSINESS & EVENT MANAGER
Lepani & Fifi Pulea
Is this you?
TOWN OF BETHLEHEM
FESTIVAL & STAGES
Cheryl & Phil Gosper
Is this you?
STABLE ON PALM