Bible Storytelling Workshops
Bible Storytelling is a way to share the Word of God with those who would not normally read or listen to the Bible.
The Bible Storytelling Workshop trains participants to craft a Bible story presentation from a Bible passage that is simple, accurate and memorable, and then prepare to share the story with someone else.
2017 Workshop Dates
Monday 11 December – Saturday 16 December 2017
Monday – Friday 6pm – 9pm; Saturday 8am – 4pm
We hope to keep the cost to under $50 per person for all sessions, but please do not let cost prevent you from attending the Bible Storytelling Workshops.
Bookings & Enquiries
For further details & bookings call Belinda on 0411 756 273 or email email@example.com.
In addition to the workshop dates listed above the Townsville Storytelling Team is available to run the Bible Storytelling Workshop at your place – in your church, home, school … wherever you are!
Our team can customise the course to suit your needs.
All we need is a total of 20-24 hours in 2+ hour blocks.
Some ideas of how to utilise this offer: Home Group or Bible Study, Personal Development at your workplace, Training in schools and colleges, Training for Leaders, Religious Education or Drama Classes.
Why not organise a workshop at your place!
What is taught at the Bible Storytelling Workshops?
In the workshop attendees learn five skills of a good Bible Storyteller. How to:
1. Craft stories that present the Biblical content in an interesting way
2. Revise and polish the stories to ensure they are simple to tell, accurate to Scripture and easy to remember
3. Tell your stories in a way that grips your audience, with facial expressions and body language reinforcing the words
4. Teach the Bible stories to others, that they may tell and teach them too and the Word of God may spread around the world
5. Lead a study on the Bible story that challenges the hearers to apply the truths of Scripture to their own lives.
What are the Benefits of the Bible Storytelling Workshop?
We have found the workshop series provides:
1. A framework for people to read more of their Bible or to start reading their Bible again
2. Renewed excitement for the Word as people dig deeper into the stories to craft a story they can remember and re-tell
3. A prompt to think about how to share the Gospel
4. Tools to share the Bible and Gospel in a non-confronting way
5. Support and confidence to learn and share Bible stories