Townsville Top Fives!
Please refer to the relevant businesses and organisations for current information, opening times, fees and weather conditions.
Images courtesy of Tourism and Events Queensland & Townsville Convention Bureau.
Play on The Strand | FREE
1. Visit Stable on the Strand, Strand Park, 18-22 December.
2. Walk or drive up Castle Hill for a panoramic view of Townsville. Sunrise, daytime, dusk or at night the view is fabulous!
3. Walk, run, cycle 2.5 km along The Strand from Anzac Memorial Park to Jezzine Barracks.
4. Discover Jezzine Way which tells of the significant events in the history of Townsville at Jezzine Barracks.
5. Swim at The Strand Rockpool or splash around at The Strand Water Park.
Love Townsville CBD | FREE & $
1. Pickup or download a guide and take a self-guided tour on the Heritage Walking Trails.
2. Visit the Cathedrals – Sacred Heart Catholic Cathedral & St James Anglican Cathedral.
3. Trawl the laneways to photograph Townsville’s Street Art.
4. Dine in one of the many excellent restaurants and cafes in City Lane, Flinders St East or Palmer Street.
5. Catch a show at the Townsville Civic Theatre.
Discover Something New | FREE & $
Get Active | $
1. Head out to the reef to dive, snorkel or fish.
2. Sail, Kayak or Jet Ski on Cleveland Bay.
3. Hire a boat and go fishing and crabbing for the day.
4. Sky Dive onto The Strand.
5. Take a scenic flight.
Chill Out in the Suburbs | FREE
1. Take a walk, have a picnic or go for a swim at Riverway.
2. Watch the sun set over Townsville from Mount Stuart Lookout.
3. Enjoy nature at Townsville Town Common Conservation Park.
4. Swim in freshwater at Alligator Creek in Bowling Green Bay National Park.
5. Go for a scenic drive or go camping along Townsville’s Northern Beaches.