Townsville Top Fives!
Please refer to the relevant businesses and organisations for current information, opening times, fees and weather conditions.
Images courtesy of Tourism and Events Queensland & Townsville Convention Bureau.
Play on The Strand | FREE
- Visit Stable on the Strand, Strand Park, 18-22 December.
- Walk or drive up Castle Hill for a panoramic view of Townsville. Sunrise, daytime, dusk or at night the view is fabulous!
- Walk, run, cycle 2.5 km along The Strand from Anzac Memorial Park to Jezzine Barracks.
- Discover Jezzine Way which tells of the significant events in the history of Townsville at Jezzine Barracks.
- Swim at The Strand Rockpool or splash around at The Strand Water Park.
Love Townsville CBD | FREE & $
- Pickup or download a guide and take a self-guided tour on the Heritage Walking Trails.
- Visit the Cathedrals – Sacred Heart Catholic Cathedral & St James Anglican Cathedral.
- Trawl the laneways to photograph Townsville’s Street Art. ;
- Dine in one of the many excellent restaurants and cafes in City Lane, Flinders St East or Palmer Street.
- Catch a show at the Townsville Civic Theatre.
Visit Galleries | FREE
- Perc Tucker Regional Gallery
- Pinnacles Gallery
- Good Shepherd Art Gallery
- Umbrella Studio
- The Drill Hall Studio
Check Out Townsville Museums | $
- Museum of Tropical Queensland
- Townsville Museum
- Maritime Museum of Townsville
- Army Museum North Queensland
- Royal Australian Air Force Townsville Museum
Discover Something New | FREE & $
- Reef HQ Great Barrier Reef Aquarium
- The Cultural Centre Townsville
- Billabong Sanctuary Australian Wildlife Experience
- Wulgurukaba Plant Trail
- Cape Pallarenda Conservation Park
Indulge in Afternoon Tea | $
- Herveys Range Heritage Tea Rooms
- Tumbetin Tea Rooms
- West End Teahouse & Gallery
- Cute as a Cupcake Tea Room
- Warrina Cineplex Morning Tea at the Movies
Stroll through Gardens | FREE
- Queens Gardens (Hedge Maze)
- Anderson Park Botanic Gardens
- Townsville Palmetum
- Dan Gleeson Memorial Gardens
- Anzac Memorial Park (Townsville War Memorial)
Let the Children Play | FREE
- The Strand Water Park
- Dan Gleeson Memorial Gardens Playground
- Riverway All Abilities Playground
- Rowe’s Bay Soroptimist Park Adventure Playground
- Rossiter Park Play Station & Climbing Wall
Get Active | $
- Head out to the reef to dive, snorkel or fish.
- Sail, Kayak or Jet Ski on Cleveland Bay.
- Hire a boat and go fishing and crabbing for the day.
- Sky Dive onto The Strand.
- Take a scenic flight.
Chill Out in the Suburbs | FREE
- Take a walk, have a picnic or go for a swim at Riverway.
- Watch the sun set over Townsville from Mount Stuart Lookout.
- Enjoy nature at Townsville Town Common Conservation Park.
- Swim in freshwater at Alligator Creek in Bowling Green Bay National Park.
- Go for a scenic drive or go camping along Townsville’s Northern Beaches.
Explore Townsville Environs | $
- Magnetic Island.
- Paluma & Crystal Creek Rainforest.
- Jourama Falls in Paluma Range National Park.
- Stand in awe at Wallaman Falls in Girringun National Park.
- Step back in time in Charters Towers.