We would be blessed if you could support us in this way!
Volunteer with Stable on Palm
We are looking for team members to assist with organising Stable on Palm from now until November.
Areas include: Administration, Fundraising, Promotion, Catering Coordination, Marketing, Prayer, Site & Logistics, Children & Youth, Elders Ministry, Accommodation Coordination, and Artist Coordination.
For further details and to apply, contact Pastor Ada Boland on 0499 117 346 or via email@example.com.
We are thankful for the opportunity to share the Christmas Story with the community on Palm Island. Could you please be asking for:
Unity for the churches working together on Palm Island
Palm Island Mayor, Cr Alf Lacey, and the Palm Island Councillors
Stable on Palm was was born out of a desire by the Mayor of Palm Island to engage his community in a Christmas celebration based around the performing arts.
We want to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas and bring a sense of community unity and also to see the local people performing and engaging in an event that is building and fostering family celebrating together, their culture and traditions.
~ Mayor Alf Lacey
With the support of the Palm Island Council, elders, community organisations, and churches, Stable on Palm has been held in 2013 and 2014, with a break in 2015 due to water restrictions on Palm Island.
The Stable on Palm Team includes:
– Oversight of the event and preparation of the event space by the Palm Island Council
– Ownership and decision making by the local Palm Island community
– Participation by the two local schools with students performing in the Nativity scenes
– Organisation by the Event Manager, Pastor Ada Boland
– Support from Townsville and surrounding communities with provision of catering, costumes, technical equipment, performing artists, children’s and youth activities, and event teams
Stable on Palm is a free event and involves the local people in various activities which cater for the whole family.