About Stable on Palm
Stable on Palm was was born out of a desire by the Mayor of Palm Island to engage his community in a Christmas celebration based around the performing arts.
We want to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas and bring a sense of community unity and also to see the local people performing and engaging in an event that is building and fostering family celebrating together, their culture and traditions.
~ Mayor Alf Lacey
With the support of the Palm Island Council, elders, community organisations, and churches, Stable on Palm has been held in 2013 and 2014, with a break in 2015 due to water restrictions on Palm Island.
The Stable on Palm Team includes:
– Oversight of the event and preparation of the event space by the Palm Island Council
– Ownership and decision making by the local Palm Island community
– Participation by the two local schools with students performing in the Nativity scenes
– Organisation by the Event Manager, Pastor Ada Boland
– Support from Townsville and surrounding communities with provision of catering, costumes, technical equipment, performing artists, children’s and youth activities, and event teams
Stable on Palm is a free event and involves the local people in various activities which cater for the whole family.