Volunteer Sign-up & Log-in
More than 1000 volunteers are needed for Stable on the Strand, and there are many ways and opportunities for you to be involved in this major event.
Whatever your heart, we’ve got a job for you!.
Please review & complete the Volunteer Training section (see Menu).
Stable on the Strand opens promptly at 5.30 pm and closes at 9.30 pm.
Roster shifts for volunteers are:
Shift 1 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm
Shift 2 7.30 pm to 9.30 pm
Preview Night only 6.00 pm to 8 pm
Please arrive 30 minutes early for your shift.
Your roster is created when you nominate shifts during registration.
You can sign-in at a later date to amend your shift selections.
You will receive a reminder email regarding your shift/s just prior to the event.
Actors & Artisans
Participate as characters in the town of Bethlehem, including wise men, Roman soldiers, and town arts and crafts people.
Use your administration skills to make phone calls, send emails, and coordinate RSVP lists.
Assist with managing Bethlehem’s animals.
Help construct, set-up and pack-down the Town of Bethlehem and site infrastructure. Help create sets and props in the lead up to the event.
Entertain our guests with our Big Heads, face painting, balloon bending, and other festival activities.
Participate in our Flash Mob in the lead up to Stable.
Cook, serve and sell hot food and desserts at our Strand Park Food Fair – a fundraiser for Stable on the Strand.
Serve tea & coffee and Christmas cake in the Hospitality tent.
Meet people as they enter the event site, and provide a brochure and information.
Prayer & Pastoral Care
Be available to chat and pray with visitors, and provide information.
Promote Stable at special events or in your Church or Parish.
Top 7 Reminders for Volunteers
1. Plan to arrive 30 minutes early for your shift to allow time to check-in and prepare.
2. Do not bring valuables to the site. Stable on the Strand is not responsible for mislaid or stolen items. Ensure essential items (such as licences, money, mobile phone) are stored safely.
3. Park your vehicle some distance from the site to enable our guests to park nearby.
4. On arrival: sign-in at the Volunteers Office using your Barcode. If required, collect your costume. Check in with your Area Leader for a briefing, set-up requirements, safety awareness, and prayer as we go out and serve the community.
5. At the end of your shift: Help clean up your area and pack away any items. Return your costume. Check out with your Area Leader for any additional tasks or updates.
6. As you leave: Swipe your barcode at the Volunteers Office to confirm you have finished your shift and are leaving the site.
7. Remember to smile – it is your greatest asset!